Your child will love this fun and creative camp experience. Campers are placed into rock bands as they work together to record and prepare for their end-of-camp concert. Campers take private lessons on their instrument as well as every instrument in the band (guitar, bass, drums and piano). Summer Camp also includes workshops in songwriting, improvisation, and percussion. This is a great opportunity for your child to develop their love of music and realize their potential.
“This was – HANDS DOWN – our best camp experience in the St Louis area. My son was excited to go every day, and at the end of a short week, he was playing Sunshine of Your Love and Guns N’ Roses. It boosted his musical confidence – and expanded his interests. We’ll be back for drum lessons!”
Campers are divided by age and skill level into different bands. Each band will create their musical direction with their band director as they prepare to record and perform in a concert. The first week of camp is devoted to rehearsing and recording. The second week of camp is devoted to preparing for the camp concert in the school’s performance center.
SUMMER CAMP MUSIC LESSONS
Each camper will alternate between lessons on their primary instrument as well as the other instruments in the rock band (drums, guitar, bass guitar, and keyboards). Campers receive a lesson booklet to track their progress on each instrument during camp. Campers take these booklets home so they can continue working on a variety of skills after camp.
AFTER-CAMP MUSIC LESSONS
Campers who are interested in taking private lessons will be able to sign up for 30-minute lessons at the end of camp with their instructor of choice.
Our nationally renowned workshops are designed to encourage a child’s creative expression and build their music communication skills. Our workshops in songwriting, improvisation, and percussion focus on experiential learning in a fun and social setting.
Each day campers will take a break from the music for some outdoor sports and activities. We have a large green field with shaded areas. It’s perfect for a game of kickball.
To enroll in our St Louis summer camp call Dave Simon’s Rock School at 314.692.7625 or click on the register button below.
- Session 1 May 22-26
- Session 2 May 30-June 2
- Session 3 June: 5-16
- Session 4 June: 19-30
- Session 5 July 3-7 (No camp 7/4)
- Session 6 July: 10-21
- Session 7 July: 24- Aug 4
- Session 8 August: 7-11
- 9 A.M. -2:30 P.M. Monday-Friday
- 8:30 A.M.: Free before camp care
- 2:30-5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday After camp care. (No after care on Friday)
- Campers need to bring a sack lunch
- Pizza is provided by Rock School on the last day of each session
- Camp is held at Dave Simon’s Rock School
AGES 7-18 (ENTERING 2ND GRADE IN THE FALL)
Kidzrock Camp at Epstein Ages 4-7 July 10-14 – Click HERE
Kidzrock Camp at COCA! AGES 4-7 June 26-30 – Click HERE
- $325 1-week camp sessions
- $615 2-week camp sessions
- Session 2 and Session 5 are pro-rated due to holiday closings ($260)
- 10% Off Sibling Discount
- 10% Off Additional Sessions
- $10 each day for after care
- $30 for private after camp lesson (reduced rate for campers)
Camp tuition includes Rock School t-shirt, earplugs, guitar picks and instrument rentals
Click here to review our Summer Camp Billing Policies
* After you enroll you will receive an invoice via email. Tuition is due upon receipt to guarantee your child’s’ placement.
Rock Music Summer Camp in St. Louis